Submission Guidelines for Research Articles
The Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement invites Research Articles that are quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-method studies that demonstrate the long-term impact of a university-community engagement project on the community, students, faculty and staff, or the institution.
Research Articles should
- outline the overall concept of the study;
- provide a thorough literature review that is timely and relevant to the study;
- give a clear statement about what gap in the literature the current study is addressing;
- outline the methods used
- Indicate that Institutional Reviw Board (IRB) human subjects approval was secured, if applicable (or explain why it was not required);
- provide robust sections that report the findings of the study and discuss their implications;
- include a section with the limitations of the study and areas for future research; and
- provide conclusions that address
- the gap in the literature that the study addressed;
- best practices or lessons learned that the reader can apply to her/his own context; and/or
- how the conclusions inform decision makers.
For MAC OS X users: If you are having trouble viewing PDF files in the Firefox browser, visit this site, or view the PDF files using the Safari browser. Any questions can be sent to email@example.com.