The Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement invites Book Reviews of books related to university-community engagement that go beyond mere description of the contents to analyze and glean implications for theory and practice.
Book Reviews should
- Come from a book that focuses on important historical and philosophical perspectives and current and emerging issues in engaged research and scholarship.
- Be consistent with the mission of the JHEOE and the broad themes framing the scope of the Journal’s scholarship interests.
- Present, analyze, and draw out the implications of provocative issues and make a contribution to the literature.
- Be well-written and focus on the analysis and drawing out of implications for research, engaged scholarship, and society.
- Go beyond the simple description of the book’s contents and show evidence of sound scholarship.