Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- If the author chooses to make suggestions for peer reviewers, the names and contact information for those potential reviewers should be provided in the Comments for the Editor.
I have indicated which of the five categories the manuscript should be considered under:
- Research Articles: Quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-method studies that demonstrate the long-term impact of a university-community engagement project on the community, students, faculty and staff, or the institution.
- Reflective Essays: Thought provoking examinations of current issues related to university-community engagement that are anchored in the literature.
- Projects with Promise: Descriptions of early-stage university-community engagement projects with early indications of impact; plan for long-term evaluation; plan for how the project will be sustained; and best practices for the reader to emulate.
- Dissertation Overviews – Elaine Ward, Associate Editor: Dissertation summaries of methods used to examine topics related to university-community engagement.
- Book Reviews: Reviews of books related to university-community engagement that go beyond mere description of the contents to analyze and glean implications for theory and practice.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses). Photos and graphics must be submitted as .jpg, .tif, or .eps files, not placed into the Word document. Tables may be placed in Word documents. Precise data for charts must be provided. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is formatted using American Psychological Association (APA) style, 6th edition.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of the Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.